The Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University
Clinical Skills Center, Health Sciences Library
376 W. Tenth Avenue
At the conclusion of the continuing medical education activity participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the safe and efficient aspects of OR staffing, OR equipment set-up and patient positioning.
2. Acquire important anesthesia management principles for the patient undergoing robotic gynecologic surgery.
3. Demonstrate surgical strategies that optimize use of the robotic platform to successfully and safely perform complex gynecologic surgical procedures.
4. Define the pros/cons of various uterine manipulators.
5. Identify effective port placement strategy and optimize usage of robotic and laparoscopic assistant ports.
6. Demonstrate tips and tricks for gaining optimal surgical exposure and safe dissection techniques
7. Identify how to minimize the incidence of vaginal cuff dehiscence.
8. Discuss current applications of the robotic platform in general gynecology and gynecologic oncology.
This continuing medical educational activity will address gaps that will help shorten the learning curve and improve overall operating room efficiency related to robotic gynecologic surgery. All aspeccts of OR set-up, patient positioning and anesthesia management will be discussed as well as indications and outcomes in gynecology and gynecologic oncology.
An emphasis will be placed on surgical techniques through video demonstration and live broadcasted surgeries for hysterectomy, bso, cystectomy, myomectomy, and adnexal mass. There will be several presentations and a breakout session for different people to practice hands-on techniques in the dry lab of the clinical skills center.
Participants will be expected to acknowledge the information learned from the activity and inform us by utilizing an evaluation measuring a change in competence.
The Ohio State University Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Ohio State University Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.