Friday, April 28, 2023
Regional outreach and engagement at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center works with several health systems throughout the state of Ohio to face the challenges of delivering care. Provider availability and provider recruitment at many regional and rural locations is a challenge and as a result, there are sometimes gaps in care. Creating care models through the OSUMC digital consult network has been a joint effort with regional sites to deliver services for hospitals that need additional support. Through a series of virtual presentations and panel discussions, this conference will share with fellow health care providers and administrators what has been learned in delivering care through the virtual world. Offering creative ways to support patient care using virtual platforms to patients that do not have access or limited access to various specialties in their communities.
For pricing information, see pricing tab below.
Dates and Times
Start: 4/28/2023 8:00 AM
End: 4/28/2023 12:00 PM
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the framework of telestroke care, patients supported, and the benefits of such consults.
2. Describe the framework of inpatient teleneuro care, patients supported, and the benefits of such consults.
3. Describe the framework of inpatient teleID (infectious disease) care, patients supported, and the benefits of such consults.
4. Describe the benefits of using tele support in images to support triage care around burns. Explain the value and efficiency of getting the patient in the right place at the right time for care.
5. Understand the meaning of econsults in patient care. Describe the benefits and efficiency of using econsults in patient care.
6. Understand the meaning of evisits in patient care. Describe the benefits and efficiency of using evisits in patient care.
7. Understand the government updates in the delivery of tele care in the state of Ohio.
8. Describe the benefit of patient feedback around care and understanding how virtual care is received by patients.
April 28, 2023
8:00 a.m. Welcome and OSU History of Telemedicine
8:15 OSU TeleStroke Network
8:40 OSU TeleNeuro Program
9:05 Questions for the Panel
9:20 OSU TeleID Program
9:45 OSU TeleBurn Program
10:10 Questions for the Panel
11:10 CMS, Government Updates
11:30 Patient Satisfaction
11:45 Questions for the Panel
12:00 p.m. Closing Remarks
|Allied Health Professional||$0.00|
The Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) at The Ohio State University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) at The Ohio State University designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.