Dates and Times
End Date: 9/8/2020
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: better UNDERSTAND the cost reasons behind value based health care; UNDERSTAND the variations of value based reimbursement; DISCUSS elements necessary for success of an ACO; and better UNDERSTAND definition of Accountable Care Organizations.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- HMOs versus ACOs
- When should you expect to get an end of the year shared savings bonus
- How baseline patient population characteristics affect the probability of an ACO’s success
- Characteristics of a successful ACO structure
- The role of the electronic medical record in an ACO
- ACOs and commercial insurance companies
- How are patients assigned to an ACO
- Whether being in an ACO restricts a patient’s choice of doctors?
The Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) at The Ohio State University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) at The Ohio State University designates this webcasts for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.